1. We had a great weekend! Saturday night was movie night at our house. We ordered pizza and Max, Mia, and Zack all sat through the film. Sunday we had a dinner party with some friends. I made kebobs and 3 kinds of ice cream!
2. I somehow managed to injure/strain my left wrist/arm. I am living on advil right now and trying not to use the arm very much. The whole not using my arm thing is not going so well. Hopefully the advil will help and the pain will go away soon!
3. After a very warm week last week, and a sunny weekend as well, this morning began with fog and cold! It is the perfect day to stay inside, light the fires, do some baking, and enjoy a little cocoa.
4. I started Zoey on a few solid foods last week. She seems to really enjoy them. She gets really full after a meal of rice cereal and fruit and then goes to bed for several hours. Living the dream :)
5. I finally bought a new bathing suit for this summer. I haven't bought a new bathing suit in 7 years. Hopefully I can make this one last for just as long, because I kind of hate buying bathing suits.
6. Poor Max was kind of a mess this morning. He was tired, didn't want to eat, and still had a fat lip from falling off the trampoline this weekend. He was so bummed that he had to go to school on such a gray and gloomy day. I hope his day gets better soon! I have some surprises planned for the afternoon to help brighten his day if his friends at school don't do the trick.
1. Mia is still loving her ballet classes, and Wednesdays in general. My mom comes out on Wednesday mornings and takes her to ballet and then out to lunch after. It's serious girl time! I love hearing about their outings when they come home!
2. Max also loves Wednesdays, but he loves them because the school day is shorter than usual. Max is currently finishing off the last of 6 chocolate chip cookies. I made them using ground almond meal rather than flour. He asked if the cookies had nuts in them and I said no (It was sort of lying.....well really lying) but he is loving the cookies regardless of the hidden almonds!
3. Zackary enjoys a green monster smoothie for breakfast every day. He is our best eater and I love that I can feed him spinach for breakfast. It makes me feel like a good mom :)
4. Ty and I are planning another little beach getaway with the kids. This time we want to take the train to Monterey and check out the bay and the aquarium. ( we just really love visiting those places! )
5. I spent a little time online shopping today. It was awesome and did wonderful things for my mood!
6. I finished season one of Downton Abbey on Netflix. Is that the only season available right now?
I recently tried some larabar like peanut butter cookies from the Chocolate Covered Katie blog and LOVED them. Yesterday I found THIS recipe for a chocolate version of the cookie and I knew I had to give them a try!
I think they are the perfect ending to a long week and the perfect beginning to a busy weekend!
1. It's Taco Tuesday! Ty is on his way to pick up Mia from school and lunch on the way back :)
2. Ty's parents are coming in from Utah on their way to San Diego. They are staying with us tonight and bringing with them the 1/4 cow we purchased from Ty's uncle. The freezer is just waiting to be filled!
3. My Father-in-law has a birthday coming up so we are throwing him a little soiree this evening. Chocolate cake will be involved!
4. Yesterday was warm enough for a trip to the park and swimming after. Summer is coming!
5. I used up the last of my granola ingredients this morning......I wish we had a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods a little bit closer to us. Oh well!
It seems to be very trendy nowadays to be following some special diet. Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, paleo, etc.....
I understand that some people have food sensitivities or allergies that have forced them into certain diets. Some people have strong feelings about animals. Some people insist it is for health reasons.
I love reading about these diets. I think they are each fascinating and I am not opposed to trying different recipes for different diets.
I do not claim to follow any specific diet, however, I do know very well how my body feels and reacts to certain foods. I try and eat well. I try to avoid dairy because of sensitivities (although I have a difficult time staying away from ice cream!).
What are your thoughts on all of the food and diet trends out there right now?
1. The batteries in my camera are dead. Maybe I will replace them tomorrow.
2. I filled all of the Easter eggs today. I didn't think I had much to fill the eggs with, but I ended up filling 87 eggs. I hope Max, Mia, and Zackary appreciate all of this! (Zoey will have to pass on the hunt this year, maybe next time when she can walk!)
3. Ty has a day off tomorrow. I am excited to use him for driving kids to and from school, running errands, lifting heavy items at Costco, eating tacos for lunch, and of course showering him with love and devotion :)
4. I am out of granola, I am trying out THIS RECIPE as soon as I have time!
5. Ty hooked everything up in my exercise room so that I have access to all of the Netflix shows. I have been working my way through the last few seasons of Gossip Girl. I am really enjoying Nate and Chuck / my workouts :)