Thursday, November 8, 2012

Swings, Falls, and Cocoa


Mia has been participating in her school choir, the Sundance Singers. Rehearsals are on Thursday afternoons after school. I typically bring the last of Max's homework for the week and have him work on it so that when Mia is done we can head home to a homework free few days!
Today I decided not to bring any homework and I took the boys and Zoey out to the playground while the choir sang. I took Zoey on the swings with me. I haven't been on a swing in years. I don't know if it was because I was wearing heavy boots or because I was holding Zoey in my lap, but it was hardcore exercise and by the time I was done my thighs were hurting. I guess I should spend a bit more time hanging out on the playground!
When there were just a few minutes left of rehearsal I took everyone back into the multi-purpose room to wait for Mia. We were probably there 30 seconds when Zack fell flat on his face and came up screaming and covered in blood. I rushed to pick him up. Another mom that I know was there and she said she could watch Zoey for me. I ran Zack to the bathroom to have a look. Luckily it was nothing serious, just 2 fat bloody lips, a bloody, nose, and a sad face.
I cleaned him up as best I could and we came back out to collect everyone. I decided to take all of the kids out for hot cocoa. Zackary especially loves hot cocoa and I wanted to give him a happy treat. We walked into Starbucks, with Zackary's face covered in dried blood, and I ordered all of the drinks. We were a happy little group drinking our cocoa and warming up. I am sure we looked ridiculous but sometimes that's okay!

I am very thankful that tomorrow is Friday and that Monday is a holiday.
Hurray for surviving the week and for 3 day weekends!

1 comment:

The Chef said...

Seems as if Zackary has learned well from his uncle. You want to protect your hands from the fall, so you cushion the blow with your face.