Friday, August 31, 2012

Fall Bucket List

It's the last day of August!

With September arriving tomorrow I am welcoming fall festivities and fun. 
(Despite the fact that fall weather is pretty much non-existent in southern California!)

This is what I have planned so far:

Caramel Apples
picking our own apples and making our own caramel for dipping, buying apples from the store and making our own caramel for dipping, or buying the done deal from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory....one way or another the caramel apples will happen :)


Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Starbucks makes the best!


Visit the Pumpkin Patch
We have a pretty good local pumpkin patch with a petting zoo, corn maze, and games.


Bake Pumpkin Cookies
Ty loves pumpkin cookies. I bought 2 large cans of pumpkin from the store this morning so that I can be ready to make these cookies at any time!


Visit to Oak Glen for apple cider
Fresh apple cider is amazing. We drink it cold or hot with lots of spices!


Visit to Idyllwild
a perfect spot for collecting acorns and pinecones for fall decorating


Visit to a local Farmer's Market
I hear Palm Springs has a pretty good one during the fall and winter months


Bagels from Panera

We spent a lot of time at Panera when we lived in Tennessee. I wish we had one closer to us now! It has become a planned destination.


Buy new boots and skinny jeans
this may be an activity that only I enjoy, but I am including it here anyway!


Make some delicious chili
this may take a few test recipes.


Watch the Nightmare Before Christmas and get ready for Halloween!


That's all so far!
I am looking forward to the next few months.
Happy Fall!

2 comments:

deckhandmoo's sing-a-long blog said...

Fall is going to be great at your house, and smell so good.

THC said...

Please contact me for permission for continued use of my photo above (pinecones). Thanks.
multilingual.ch