Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fav Granola Recipes!

This is a post dedicated to some of my favorite granola recipes out there! my sis-in-law has been looking for some more granola recipes so this is for her!




I just crumble the pan into bite sized chunks and eat it as granola rather than bars.



I substitute 1/2 batch of my own chocolate chip cookie dough for the store bought.
This one is a favorite for car trips or plane rides with my kids.






You can find coconut oil at health food stores





And here is the granola recipe from BAKED that I couldn't find a link to and I had to use one of my own crummy pictures, but the granola is awesome!


Easy Homemade Granola
from "Baked: New Frontiers in Baking" by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito
Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole almonds

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss the oats with the cinnamon and salt.
In a medium bowl, stir together the oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until completely combined.
Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture and use your hands to combine them: Gather up some of the mixture in each hand and make a fist. Repeat until all of the oats are coated with the honey mixture.
Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread it out evenly, but leave a few clumps here and there for texture.
Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola. Sprinkle the almonds over the granola and return the baking sheet to the oven.
Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola.
Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Let cool completely.


Hope you find a favorite!

1 comment:

Jessica Newman said...

AWESOME!!! THANK.YOU.SO.MUCH!! I absolutely LOVE granola I can't wait to make these!