Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lonely???

I have met some great people the past few weeks since our move to Beaumont.
Our next door neighbors have been wonderful! They have twins Max's age and the kids are loving spending time together. Ty has hit it off with their dad and has been borrowing ladders and tools as we have started different projects around the house. Their mom is great as well! She and I are able to talk and laugh together. She told me yesterday that she has no family. No brothers and sisters and no parents! She started to cry and I thought how desperately she must need some good people in her life. 
Today at the park there was another mom playing with her two children. We started talking. I told her that we had just moved to the area and asked her about preschools for Mia. She had some great information for me. She told me that she and her husband have lived in Beaumont for 3 years and have made no friends. She said that she has been so preoccupied with work and her kids she just hasn't had much time. 
I was struck by the fact that there are so many lonely people out there. People are sitting in their homes wishing for friends. We cannot be too busy or too involved in our own lives to reach out. If we are lonely we need to get out there and invite some neighbors to a BBQ because chances are they are lonely too! I am going to try and be open to these new relationships and friendships. I want to help lift these ladies! We are all in this life together. All children of God. All trying to find joy. All trying to get home. We need each other!

2 comments:

Jessica Newman said...

Thank you for this post :) you are such an inspiration!
-side note: yes I do enjoy running :)

6L's said...

amen, sister! glad you are able to help them. :)