Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Copycat

I am a copycat and I enjoy being one.
I hear about a fabulous cookie from a bakery or I watch Bobby Flay make a dish on "Throwdown" and I have to recreate it.
I have heard a lot about the Momofuku Milk Bar's famous cookies.
They feature all kinds of unusual additions and ingredients.
Today I branched out and made caramelized cornflakes to go in my

Copycat Momofuku marshmallow cornflake chocolate chip cookie.

These cookies are kind of like a cross between chocolate chip cookies and rice krispy treats.
Really yummy :)
Caramelized Cornflakes:

1 1/2 cups cornflakes
3 tablespoons powdered milk
6 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees
2. Crush cornflakes in a bowl.
3. Mix together the powdered milk, sugar, and salt.
4. Pour melted butter over cornflakes and sprinkle dry ingredients on top. Toss to coat.
5. Spread cornflake mixture on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool before using in cookie recipe.

Cookies:

1 cup butter
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk'
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups caramelized cornflakes

1. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter with the sugars. Add the egg and milk.
3. Blend the dry ingredients : flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients with the butter mixture.
4. Add in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and cornflakes. Scoop dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

1 comment:

6L's said...

oh my, those look deliciuous! can you just mail me some so i can avoid all the work? :)