Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chilly.....

....weather calls for Chili! Chili and cornbread to be precise. My cornbread recipe comes from my mom and it is the best, and easiest cornbread recipe ever!

Cornbread

1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix
2 boxes jiffy corn muffin mix

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Pour mixes into a large mixing bowl and stir in all of the additional ingredients called for. (this usually ends up being 1 stick butter, 5 eggs, 2/3 cup milk, and 1 cup water, but it may be different depending on the brands you use.)
3. Pour cornbread into a greased 9x13 and bake for 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

Serve this with honey butter and it will be better than cupcakes :)
Mia wore her chef's hat that Aunt Stephanie sent her for Christmas.
Max offered to do the dishes. What a great helper!

3 comments:

6L's said...

i grew up on, i guess you could call it 'old fashioned' cornbread and cannot get used to the sweet, cakelike taste of many cornbreads i've had. i didn't realize some people actually use cake in their recipe, lol! :)

The Karrens said...

It has been so fun to catch up on your blog. I haven't read it for awhile and I think that that your kids are looking so grown up. I hope you are doing well and you make me want to be a better mom. We miss you guys.

Annie and Family said...

Oooh... I forgot about that yummy cornbread you make! Thanks! I'll have to get cracking and make some for the fam. Your children are so beautiful! I miss running with you. Have a happy day!