Friday, January 8, 2010

5 ingredient fix!

Chocolate "Ganache" filled Peanut Butter Cookies

for the cookies:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg

for the ganache:
semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together peanut butter, sugar, and egg. Chill dough until firm enough to roll into balls.
3. Form dough into balls and roll in sugar. Use a fork to make the classic peanut butter cookie criss cross design.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool completely.

Melt chocolate chips with a few tablespoons of butter. (I just used my handy-dandy microwave) The melted chocolate mixture will be thick.
Spoon chocolate between 2 cookies and sandwich together!

After a successful morning outing at Goodwill Mia decided to have a nice long nap. I decided to play in the kitchen with Zackary. I have wanted to try this flourless p.b. cookie recipe for a long time, but I was always concerned about what the results would be. The cookies turned out great! Nice and soft :)
Max and I split one of these cookie sandwiches. I think that would be enough for most anybody!

1 comment:

Natalie Newman Williams said...

i'm going to make it. i needed a fix and i have the ingredents. woo hoo. thanks for the ideas.