Friday, May 15, 2009

Strawberries!

It is Ty's Friday off! The morning was gorgeous. 75 degrees and full of sunshine. We took the kids and headed to Portland for some strawberry picking. We went to Bottom View Farm and helped ourselves to rows and rows of berries. Mia loved carrying her basket and filling it full. Even when it was obviously too heavy for her she still wanted to be the one to lug it around.
She is just a little strawberry shortcake!
I love this picture of Max with the sky in the background. He took the strawberry picking very seriously and made sure all of his berries were nice and red all over without any bad spots.
When we got home Mia sat herself on the kitchen floor with one of the strawberry baskets and would not be moved. I tried to take the berries from her so that I could take the stems and leaves off, but she refused. She was very protective of her berries. They are super delicious and juicy. I have never been strawberry picking before and I think we will definately do it again next year. We are looking forward to strawberries on waffles and with nutella and strawberry pie!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

HOW CUTE and FUN!!! I just think Mia reminds me so much of Natalie! Speaking.... what did Natalie name her baby?!

I could totally use a strawberry pie!!!! MMMmmmmmmmm

Traylor Family said...

That's the same place we went Tuesday. Aren't those the best ever! I've picked strawberries from several farms around here and nothing compares to those!

Waffles with Nutella and strawberries, I think you may have just started a new addiction!