Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More fun in the Emergency Room

It was poor baby Mia in the emergency room again on Sunday night! (But for completely different reasons than last time.) Max found a bottle of multi purpose cleanser and sprayed Mia in the face. He never meant to hurt her, but her eyes were badly burned. We took her to the ER where they flushed her eyes with water for 15 minutes. She came home that night with her eyes swollen shut. On Monday we took her to see an opthamologist at Vanderbilt. He said her eyes would heal with no permanent damage, thank goodness! Today she woke up and opened her eyes for the first time since Sunday night. I was thrilled to see those big brown eyes. She is the sweetest little girl. I am so thankful that she is going to be okay!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh poor Mia. I am sure big brother felt terrible - accidents they are sure to happen. I can't believe how fast and what a reaction just a little bit can do.
I am happy to see her big brown eyes too!

The Karrens said...

How sad! I am so glad that everything is okay. I hate to see children get hurt. I will be even more careful when this second baby comes.

Jessica Newman said...

Oh my! That would be so super scary! I'm so glad she's ok and that she wont have permanent damage!