Saturday, September 20, 2008

Super Saturday!

This morning my friend Jenna and I ventured out and went in search of garage sales. We had sooo much fun! It was great to search for treasures. I was able to get Christmas shopping for the kids done. I was super excited. We had a great morning. We even found a sale giving away free donuts to the shoppers! After my fantastic morning of shopping we had a picnic with some friends at a park in Hendersonville. It was a great opportunity to clean out the fridge of leftovers. The kids had a fun playing at the playground and we had fun talking with our friends. On the way home Max and Mia fell asleep and Ty and I made brownies and licked the bowl clean. It was a very fun Saturday!

Brownies (the best ever!!!)
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
10 tablespoons butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup flour

1. preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt the chocolate with the butter. Whisk in the sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour.
3. At this point you can add chocolate chips or nuts or marshmallows or just leave your brownies plain.
4. Bake 40-45 minutes in a 9 inch pan!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How FUN!! I started my Christmas shopping too. I hope I can get it all done before the first of December. I am glad you had a great Saturday, our Saturday was filled with...... RAIN!!! But I loved that.

Thanks for the brownie recipe. I love licking the bowl too! YUM!!!